San diego jewish advocacy fellowship
Join a group of accomplished young professionals for the San Diego Jewish Advocacy Fellowship! You’ll become an advocate in the community and a change-maker in your personal and professional life. With a cohort of like-minded peers, you'll engage in activities that influence systemic causes of issues affecting our community.
WHY SHOULD THE JEWISH COMMUNITY ADVOCATE?
“With the new Jewish Advocacy Fellowship, the next generation of San
Diegans now has its own vehicle to speak out, to lead and to act for
equality, justice, and the need to repair our world. We have much work
to do, and your participation is welcome and needed.”
— State Senator Marty Block
Through this fellowship, you will:
- Enhance your leadership capabilities
- Strengthen your knowledge of advocacy and the legislative process
- Learn how to effectively frame and deploy your message
- Build relationships with state elected officials from
- San Diego delegation and within the Jewish Caucus
- Become an issue expert on a self-selected topic
- Deepen your connection to community leaders
- Connect with like-minded peers
Criteria for Fellows
- Interest in civic and/or Jewish leadership
- Between 22 and 45 years old
- Attend all 6 sessions, including a day trip to Sacramento
- Cover your own costs for air transportation to and from Sacramento (financial assistance my be provided by sponsoring organizations as needed)
For more information, contact Ashley Harrington at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Send an email>>
JOAN & IRWIN JACOBS CAMPUS
Turk Family Center
8804 Balboa Ave.
San Diego, 92123
All communication is strictly confidential.